Thank you for choosing Horizon to be your training provider. By making this booking you are entering into an agreement with us. Please carefully read our Terms and Conditions below:
- Your rights as a consumer under consumer protection legislation from time to time in force shall not be affected by these Terms and Conditions.
- Horizon may, from time to time, change these Terms and Conditions without notice, however it will use its reasonable endeavours to inform students as soon as is reasonably possible of any such changes.
- Before booking onto the course, please ensure you have read the course content, to ensure the course will meet your training needs and that you are able to meet pre-requisites, where stated.
- By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions you are confirming that you are able to speak, read and write English fluently. This is to ensure that at no stage on the course you misunderstand the instructions and guidance being delivered which could result in you failing the course.
- If it transpires you have willingly or unwillingly provided inaccurate information and does not meet the course pre-requisites and/or are unable to speak, read and write English fluently. This will result in you being terminated from the course with immediate effect, without refund.
Booking & Payment:
- Payments can be made via the booking system on our website or by contacting us via telephone.
- A deposit is required to reserve a place on a course by payment of £250 (+VAT). Deposits are non-refundable unless cancellation is provided in writing within the relevant cancellation period
- Upon receipt of your booking form, and subsequent payment your place(s) will be confirmed
- Unless previous arrangements have been agreed, full payment of the course fees must be made 1 week before commencement of the course. Failure to not carry out the aforementioned will result in the forfeit of your place on the course and loss of your holding deposit.
- If you do not attend a course, and have not previously informed us, the full course fee remains payable.
- If you arrive late for a course or are absent from any session, we reserve the right to refuse to accept you for training if we feel you will gain insufficient knowledge or skill in the time remaining. In all cases, the full course fee remains payable. However, in specific circumstances we may swap you onto the next available course to complete your training free of charge.
Course attendance and certification:
- Students will receive joining instructions via email to the email address provided on the booking form.
- It is the responsibility of the individual completing the course registration/booking form to ensure joining instructions are received by the student. Instructions will be sent via email to the email address provided on the booking form.
- If the joining instructions are not received, it is the responsibility of the individual who completed the course registration/booking form to contact Horizon to arrange for them to be reissued.
- Failure to attend the course will result in the full cost being incurred.
- Horizon will send all correspondence primarily via email to the email address provided on the booking form. If alternative details are received after the booking form has been submitted, they will supersede the original details and all future correspondence will be sent to the new address.
- All certificates remain the property of Horizon until full payment is received. If any replacement or duplicate certificates are required, then an administration charge of £15 is payable per certificate (plus the certificate replacement cost).
Offers & discounts:
- Promotional offers, discounts and student support offers cannot be used in conjunction with each other, this includes Attend Now & Pay Later, Early Bird, Former Student discounts and ELCAS claims.
- The number of discounted places on each course is limited so bookings will be on a first come, first served basis.
- Former students who have attended a Horizon course with will qualify for a 10% loyalty discount, where evidence of past attendance is presented prior to the course start date. Failure to provide evidence of past attendance will result in students having to pay the full price of the course.
- The Attend Now, Pay Later offer is only available by prior agreement in advance of booking. The remaining balance must be paid within 12 months of the course start date. Failure to settle the balance in full within the 12-month period will result in legal action being taken to retrieve the outstanding balance. This could result in additional fee’s been applied to recover the balance.
- To be eligible to attend any re-qualification course the student must present to Horizon prior to commencement a valid, original and in date certificate. If your certificate has expired, then please contact us prior to booking to discuss your available options.
Cancellations by student:
- Should your circumstances mean that you need to transfer to another course, then this will be completed free of charge, providing there are available spaces, the transfer takes place within 12 months following the original course start date and notice is given in writing at least 10 working days before the course is due to commence (at least 25 working days notice must be given for PHTLS and MIMMS course transfer requests). If advance notice is not given in writing within the period mentioned then our cancellation charges will apply. If there are no available spaces on the requested transfer course/date, then Horizon will look at alternative dates. If no alternative dates are available, then our cancellation charges will apply. Refunds will NOT be given, should a request be made to cancel having already transferred onto another course.
- If you are a consumer and make a booking via our website or by telephone, you have a legal right to cancel a Contract under the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation & Additional Charges) Regulations 2013 (‘Distance Selling Regulations’). This means that during the relevant period if you change your mind or for any other reason you decide you do not want to enrol on a course, you can notify us of your decision to cancel the Contract and receive a refund. Advice about your legal right to cancel the Contract under these regulations is available from your local Citizens’ Advice Bureau or Trading Standards office.
- If you exercise your legal right to cancel under the Distance Selling Regulations, you will receive a full refund of the price you paid when booking. We will process the refund due to you as soon as possible and, in any case, within 14 calendar days of the day on which you gave us notice of cancellation.
- Your legal right to cancel a Contract starts from the date when a booking is made – which is when the Contract between us is formed. You have a period of 14 calendar days in which you may cancel the booking, starting from the day after the day when the booking is made. If this period ends on a Saturday, Sunday or public holiday then the period will be extended until the next working day.
- If your course is due to start within the cancellation period, then your legal right to cancel is as follows:
- If your course has started but is due to end after the cancellation period, then your legal right to cancel still applies. However, you will have to pay a proportion of the course fee which we will base on the total price of the course and the period of the course from the start date to the date of cancellation.
- If your course has started and ended during the cancellation period, then your legal right to cancel will not apply
- If you decide to cancel your course outside of the relevant cancellation period and you are unable to transfer your booking to another date at the time of cancellation, the following charges will apply:
|Calendar days’ notice before the start date of the course
||Refund applicable (excluding accommodation)
|29 calendar days or more
||Full refund minus deposit
|Between 15 to 28 calendar days
||50% refund minus deposit
|Between 1 and 14 calendar days
||No refund will be given
|Failure to attend
||Treated as late cancellation and no refund given
Refunds will NOT be issued for accommodation bookings outside of the legal cancellation period as denoted in point 28. Additionally, refunds will NOT be given should a request be made to cancel having already transferred onto another course.
All cancellation or transfer requests must be submitted in writing and received by Horizon prior to the course commencing.
Cancellations by Horizon:
- On occasions for unforeseen circumstances Horizon may find it necessary to cancel a course. In such circumstances you will be given as much notice as possible and the offer of a free transfer to another date, or a full refund of fees paid. We accept liability for losses you suffer as a result of us breaking this agreement if the losses are a foreseeable consequence.
Code of Conduct:
- You must adhere to the high standards reasonably expected by Horizon and conduct themselves in a befitting manner, at all times including when at the Horizon training centre, the accommodation block, whilst driving Horizon supplied vehicles, when visiting locations and other establishments for or on behalf of Horizon. Any unacceptable behaviour could result in you being terminated from the course with immediate effect, without refund. No alcohol may be consumed during any class time or during exercises. No drugs are to be consumed at anytime.
Accommodation (only applicable to students booking accommodation):
- We would only cancel your stay if your accommodation was unavailable for reasons beyond our control. We would however attempt to find you alternative accommodation, if we were unable to find suitable accommodation our liability would not extend beyond this point.
- Communication will be sent to you 48 hours before the course commencing, containing details of how to access the accommodation block outside of working hours.
- Accommodation will be available to you from 15:00 hrs on the day of arrival, unless otherwise arranged. We may not be able to accommodate an early arrival as we will be busy preparing rooms. However, you may drop off bags, and collect your room key at an earlier time by prior arrangement.
- Please be ready to leave the accommodation by 10:00 hrs on the day of departure, unless otherwise arranged.
- One set of keys will be issued to each student. Lost or failure to return room keys will be charged at £10.
- We accept that food and drinks can be consumed in the rooms but care should be taken to avoid spillage etc.
- Please take care when staying in our accommodation. You are responsible and liable for any breakages or damages caused to the accommodation or its contents. We ask you do report any incidents when they occur. We do not normally charge for minor breakages, but we may charge for repair or making good if the damage or breakage is significant.
- We ask that noise levels are kept to a minimum, especially after 23:00 hours with regards to TVs, raised voices, and door shutting etc. This helps us to make sure everyone’s stay is enjoyable. We reserve the right to terminate your booking immediately without being liable for any refund or compensation where you engage in unacceptable behaviour that causes a disturbance or nuisance to other students.
Please bear in mind that in parts of the accommodation block there is less soundproofing. Students should therefore be aware of the possibility of other students causing some disturbance and vice versa through creaking floorboards. We ask that all guests show consideration to their fellow students.
No Smoking Policy:
- Horizon has a strict no smoking policy and we would kindly ask that there is no smoking inside the training centre and accommodation. For those wishing to smoke, a designated area is provided but we would remind smokers that this area is also used by non-smokers. Noncompliance with the no smoking policy carries a penalty charge of £100.00 to cover the cost of extra cleaning and the resulting delay incurred in re-letting the room. In addition, any breach of this policy will result in the immediate termination of the stay and no refund will be given for the duration of the booking.
Fire & Emergency:
- In the interest of your own safety you should check where the locations of the fire alarms are in relation to your whereabouts. There are Fire & Emergency Rules inside the training centre and accommodation block we respectfully suggest that you familiarise yourself. ALL FIRE ALARMS MUST BE CONSIDERED AS EVIDENCE OF A FIRE AND YOU SHOULD ACT ACCORDINGLY UNTIL YOU ARE INFORMED TO THE CONTRARY. In the event that you hear the fire alarm you must make your way to the assembly point.
- We offer free secure Wi-Fi for our students’ use and usage is strictly subject to the terms and conditions found when connecting to the service. Please note that we have no responsibility for, or control over, the internet services you access and do not guarantee that any services are error or virus free. We do not guarantee the availability of the service, the speed at which information may be transmitted or received; or that the service will be compatible with your equipment or any software which you use.
- There is a limited number of on-site parking spaces available for students. We ask that students park at the rear of the building and observe the parking signs and park considerately to ensure there is adequate space for everyone. Please note that vehicles are parked at your own risk. We do not accept responsibility for any loss of or theft from a vehicle however it is caused.
- Horizon fully complies with all laws from time to time in force regulating the treatment of, and provision for, disabled students.
- If you have a disability, please discuss any special requirements with us before booking. Horizon accepts no responsibility for students booking unless suitability was first checked.
Item(s) Left Behind:
- We can accept no responsibility for items left behind after you have departed. Small items left behind can be returned to you by post. A £5 handling charge plus the cost of postage must be paid before the item(s) are dispatched. Larger items will incur a higher handling cost. Any unclaimed items of property will be disposed of after 4 weeks.
Complaints & Appeals:
- If there is a problem during provision of the services, you must report it in the first instance to the course instructor. If it remains unresolved then the issue should be reported immediately to the either the Operations Manager or the Managing Director so all efforts can be made to resolve the problem. In the event that the problem cannot be resolved you must notify Horizon in writing giving full details within 28 days of the end of provision of the services. Failure to serve notice of the complaint in accordance with the above will preclude you from being entitled to any further action against Horizon. A copy of our Complaints & Appeals policy can be made available upon request.
- None of the exclusions and limitations in our Terms and Conditions are intended to limit any rights which you may have under statute nor in any way to exclude or limit liability you for personal injury or death resulting from Horizon’s negligence or that of its employees or for any liability incurred as a result of fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation by Horizon.
- By agreeing to the Terms and Conditions you acknowledge that you are engaging in activities that involves a level of risk. These risks include (but are not limited to) physical injury or even death. By engaging in the activities provided by Horizon you agree to assume these risks and agree to release and discharge Horizon and its directors, employees, subcontractors and agents from any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage and all and any claims, actions, proceedings, liabilities and costs arising from, or in any way connected with, the activities.
- For the avoidance of doubt Horizon and any of its employees or contractors, will not be liable for any loss or damage to any personal property or vehicle belonging to the student during provision of the services, this also includes any fixed penalty notices such as parking, speeding or other traffic related fines.
- Horizon has the right to take pictures and recordings all students during activities and services. By agreeing to these Terms and Conditions you accept that all rights whatsoever in connection will be owned solely by Horizon and further accept and agree that any recordings may be used by Horizon at its absolute discretion in any manner including but not limited to its website, promotional material and advertisements.
- Any data collected during the course of this booking will be stored on our computer(s) for the purpose of course materials and certificates. Such data will only be collected, processed and held in accordance with Horizon’s rights and obligations arising under the provisions and principles of The EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
- We may from time to time contact you about promotions and offers.
Law and Jurisdiction:
- These Terms and Conditions (including any non-contractual matters and obligations arising therefrom or associated therewith) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws Scotland.
- Any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claim between the Parties relating to these Terms and Conditions (including any non-contractual matters and obligations arising therefrom or associated therewith) shall fall within the jurisdiction of the courts of Scotland.