The content of our HECPO has carefully been designed utilising our instructor’s extensive experience and many years working in hostile environments.
The course is delivered over 4 days and brings together our 3 day hostile package at our purpose-built Urban Training Centre, where learners do all the noisy stuff, partake in Hostage Awareness and Survival Training and several other specific training drills needed to prepare individuals pursuing work within the hostile environment circuit.
During the course our experienced instructors will typically take learners through:
* Kidnap and abduction
* International threats including terrorism
* Culture awareness
* Threat and situational awareness
* International travel and journey management
* Personal, residence and venue security
* Personal security including ballistics, PPE and exploding ordnance
* Use of a grab bag and the wearing of appropriate clothing
* Working alongside Close Protection Officers and the use of armoured vehicles
* Kidnap awareness including survival, evasion, resistance, and escape
* Bribery and corruption
* Checkpoint dilemmas and negotiation techniques
* Working as a Close Protection Operative in a hostile area, including several practical team exercises
* Improvised explosive devices (IED) and suicide bombers
* Explosive Remnants of War (ERW) recognition
Assessment is by way of various practical performance assessments throughout the course.
Candidates must meet the following:
* Must possess a Close Protection Level 3 certificate
* Be aged 18 or above* Be able to communicate effectively in written and spoken English
* Must be of reasonable health and fitness levels due to the nature of the course
* Should you wish to be eligible as a driver on the course then you must hold a full driving licence and be at least 25 years of age. Serious driving offences will be individually assessed by the insurance company.
At the end of the Horizon HEPCO you will receive a certificate as proof of attendance outlining the course training objectives.